A Shirt Story X Neutral Tones X Early 2016 Favorite

17:17:00

Hey guys 😉
It has been rough over here lately especially with this bipolar weather trying to disrupt every of my plan but you know life can't be rosy every now and then after all. Everyone has been so eager to hear about my 5 year old shirt, i got a call yesterday about my update on Instagram and it has been pretty exciting, this is a sign that people do read my post, so i urge you guys to try and drop your comment after reading this article and I'll be so glad to hear from you guys.


I got this shirt five years ago from an online store named Aliexpress, it was really scary purchasing from that site after all i heard and how fraudulent people have engraved the dignity of Aliexpress into black powder which is quite disheartening till now making it hard for people to shop, i decided to hit the trial button and i went ahead getting stuff from Aliexpress turning deaf ears to all i heard but the funniest part about this site was that most of the fabrics showcased on the site were eye catching, i was really confused in finding which to pick then i concluded on getting this particular shirt because it was edgy and i don't think I've seen it on anyone but deep down i was frightened but when i saw the price tag, i just felt even if i was swindled, i would just keep my mouth shut and behaved like nothing happened to save me the outburst of jest my friends would make of me.



After 2 weeks my shirt arrived and it was perfectly my size, for me I'll say shopping from Aliexpress is luck also you guys try to read people's review about an item before ordering from a seller to save you a whole lot of stress and drama.


This has been my one of my favorite shirt for a while now for no reason, the design on it is quite simple and at the same time sophisticated and the best part is how masculine it could be.


Styling this shirt could be pretty easy but i took it extra playful with neutral tones and kept it minimal with a pop of burgundy *winks* i.e my tassel loafers with fringe details and this is also one of my favorite pair of shoes i particularly got from colwyn apparels, i also added a bit of vintage to the background as you can see with the chair and the telephone reminding me of secondary schools days where i get to use this to put a call through to mum and dad until it went into extinction. Not to forget my beige chinos from Polo and my checked double button blazer mixed with different neutral colors from Marks and Spencer adding a classy feel to my look, there's something about neutral colors which is quite irresistible to me due to the fact that they make everything more easier to put together, Neutral colors are cheats for me i must say.






If you are not a fan of neutral colors or it doesn't just work for you and going extremely minimal is all you desire you could just wear a black trouser and a black shoe preferably an oxford or loafers to keep it simple as possible.
Lastly, about that magazine i never just placed them there for no reason, i sincerely admire the works of Kelechi Amadi Obi, he's really a man of integrity and a man of great intellect and style, this edition of style mania magazine Sept/Oct 2016 has been my favorite i suppose because since when i had a grip of this magazine i learnt a lot and the sweetest part of this magazine was the article called Old Schools which was particularly written by Ikhedi Ikheola, i totally loved every bit of it and where Toke makinwa was featured, the serenity of art was extraordinary showing the versatility of photography and expertise and showing how the Nigerian photography industry has not just broken the norm but showing that there could be perfection, really hope in working with him someday.




hope you enjoyed my post today, thank you for stopping by, getting a feedback from you guys will be really appreciated, do have a prosperous week.

Outfit Details
Shirt: Aliexpress
Chinos: Polo
   

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Very nice Shirt, still standing the test of time...and I really love Style Mania magazine, guess I'm just realizing it's your fav!
    Really great post too ��



    www.geraldedeh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bro, I do appreciate never knew you were a fan of Style mania magazine too

      Delete
  2. Awesome post bro and I love the photos


    www.dvfstylecollective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you man... This is really awesome 🙌🙌🙌💯

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form