Monochrome: Back To Basics

19:31:00


What is style? Is this all about just dressing up, being comfortable or style been a weapon of choice? Controversies arises with style most of time especially when originality steps in. Basically dressing should be all about suiting yourself and being comfortable and not impressing someone with the way you dress but you expressing yourself and effervescent about it.


Black has been known for its elegance and optimistic personality at the same time not bright but hopeful and confident, this is often seen as a color of elegance, provoking authority without bounds and initiating a level of independence where sophistication comes in without much effort inputted.


Dressing up in monochromatic colors especially in black and white is a lot of zealotry to me, being an extremist for the color black basically is unknown to me and professing my undying love for black is extensively unlimited.


You may be wondering why I called it back to basics yeah? You could recollect at the beginning of this editorial I asked what is style? There is more to your identity, why you chose to like this color and try to be versatile with it and neglect the other just because you look sophisticated and comfortable in this and in the other you look unimaginative. Black is a color that works for categorically everyone effortlessly. Black and White are the basic staples in your wardrobe you can’t do without even when trends fade away.


For this editorial I used a monochrome checked Blazer with an high waist trio buttoned anomaly pants designed by me because I’m a big fan of a lot of buttons attached to my pants and I always try to do something different and still keep it minimal if you noticed and I also styled it with a turtleneck velvet top, a black pair of oxford shoe with matching socks and not to forget my beret which added a lot of aristocratic dynasty to the look, we are in a country where beret is counted for occultist gathering and neglecting it adds a lot of style to your outfit due to the community where we were birthed but there has been a great come back in the fashion era where beret is now an essential accessory exclusively at fashion orientated gathering but you’re endangering your life if you just wear this anywhere on the streets of Lagos I must say due to the louts and street boys taking the beret for another thing and trying to extort you for just having a good sense of style, so I urge us when wearing a beret whatsoever let it be to be secured gathering to avoid embarrassment. My first contact with beret was in church and I had this funny belief it was only for ladies especially those who sing in the choir and occultic members in higher institution and I grew up with this fear that wearing a beret means I’m a cultist but overtime I got this change of orientation that beret is just a must have for guys especially when you’re a fan of street style but be careful of where you wear it to.



Not forgetting the details of my outfit with my Casio silver chain wristwatch which I chose due to its simplicity and not wanting too much drama attached to my outfit and my quilted leather bag from F&F which is one of the best thing in my wardrobe right now, it’s so easy to carry, simple and portable, what more can I say, I just feel lucky to have that bag I must say.
This picture depicts the struggle of Lagos with the yellow tricycle which we call maruwa in Lagos especially when you come to the Lagos balogun or idumota market to buy stuff, the maruwa becomes a lifesaver helping you carry your load to where your car has been parked and I tell you if you haven’t gotten anything at this popular market of Lagos you’re missing a lot, the hurdles, the drama and the fight is one thing to watch and me struggling with my leather bag to get a perfect picture, lol. The things we do to get the right audience and the perfect picture.


Thanks for stopping by, Hope you enjoyed every bit of today’s post.
See you around very soon, don’t leave till you drop your own opinion about this look ill so much appreciate it.
Thank you and have a nice day.


Outfit Details.
Monochrome Checkered Suit: The Ox Factory
Beret: Balogun Market
Velvet Turtleneck: Balogun Market
Wristwatch: Casio

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Beautiful write up and pictures. I need me a beret. Kudos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely post, I love everything about it !!! The styling , the pictures and the editing yasss ����������������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer, Just seeing this now, i so appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. Damn boy, that beret is everything.

    Nice editorial, loved every bit of it. ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol the whole Beret situation in Nigeria is a mess, lovely post as usual

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form